Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Maternity Leave- Day #2

Yesterday was another full day. I took my walk like usual, and then did a few things around the house. We are still trying to organize things after our move. I am glad that we were able to get the apartment when we did because this has been a lot of work!

Later in the morning, I drove up to Whittier to do some Church finance business and had lunch with some friends. I ended up staying there for a few hours and we had a lovely time. They are Chinese and made a delicious lunch of potstickers, soup and a tofu dish.

The drive to Whittier and back was not lovely however. My car had a dead battery, so I drove the BMW. A big accident was clogging up the freeway and apparently the BMW has no air conditioning. This was not fun. Luckily, I had brought a cool water bottle with me, and I survived. I have a fear now of going into labor when I get so hot. Not irrational I think?

To finish out the day, I put together the changing table (much easier than the crib), did a few loads of laundry (yay, the cloth diapers arrived!), worked on CPA stuff, and vaccumed the baby's room. It looks so nice now with everything put together. I am at peace now with the room. I wanted something beautiful, organized and complete, and that is just what it is. I'll post some pictures later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would love to see pictures of the finished product. RCJ