Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Latest Stats

Almost 2cm dilated, 80% effaced, -1 station, soft cervix.

So in one week, there hasn't been a lot of changes if you look at it from the numbers. However, I will take every cm and part cm I can get before the full-force labor begins!

Today the midwife listened to the baby's heartbeat through one of my contractions to see how he would do. The heartbeat was strong all the way through and she seemed pleased with the result.

After the visit I met with Kelly. We went through several questions about the birth and several relaxation techniques. The experience was very good for me. I am learning a lot about my likes and dislikes and about certain opinions that I have about the birth that I did not realize existed. What tone of voice makes you relax? How do you like your shoulders messaged? Hard? Soft? With strokes or squeezes? Better to get these things on the table beforehand than during crunch time (haha a pun). Everything feels more organized now and my emotions are definitely changing- more focus on the birth that lies ahead.

No comments: