Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Best Things to do While Waiting

1. Have friends over

Today I had a surprise visit from some good friends from church. We chatted over a light lunch and took a trip to Baby's R Us. It is such a treat to be able to spend time with friends. I am really enjoying this time off. Nathan is enjoying having me at home too. The house is much cleaner, laundry is done before it piles up, there is a nice dinner waiting for him, and he gets to come home to a happier, more relaxed wife.

There is no big news in baby progress today. I continue to feel more pressure as the baby moves down and more Braxton-Hicks at night. My next Dr's appointment is tomorrow at noon, so I am interested to see what, if any, progress has been made. I will give updates after I hear more.

Kelly is coming tomorrow at 1:30pm (providing I don't go into labor tonight), and we plan to practice some relaxation techniques and go over the plan for birth. I am looking forward to this. As someone else put it, Kelly is a birth-warrior. She has given birth to three beautiful children naturally and at home. That sounds like just what I need as I try to have a drug-free birth experience!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So Glad Kelly will be able to be with you! You are in our prayers.
-Jen Marie