Sunday, September 7, 2008

Learning and Growing


With mommy home alone with little Luke for the past week, there wasn't much time for updates.

For the past few days we have been trying everything to get more sleep at night. One thing that will probably stick is that Nathan will take the late evening shift and I will take more of the early morning shift. Also, I think that we are going to be moving Luke into his crib earlier than we were expecting. He is such a loud sleeper that when he is in the same room, no one can sleep. He breathes heavy, squeaks, kicks his legs, etc... :) Anyways, the crib is the plan that we are trying for this week.

Luke's biggest nemesis has been gas. I have tried to be very careful about what I eat to not exasperate the problem, but his little intestines seem to have trouble anyways. Poor little guy. :( I find myself praying things I never thought I would pray for. "Lord, help little Luke to burp, fart, etc...)"

On Saturday my mom came again and is helping us to rest more. She is also trying to help him be a little more independent by placing him in the crib with his mobile to see how he will do. It is helping me to relax a little more- to know that I don't have to be attached to him all the time and that he does not have to be picked up the second he starts crying.

So, we are just working out the whole parenting thing and trying to figure out how to best take care of Luke. He is getting bigger everyday. His cheeks are changing the most, probably with all of the sucking that he does. :) We are also beginning to see him fill out in his legs. I think that in a few weeks, they may even be chubby.

No comments: