Monday, May 11, 2009

Sweet

This afternoon, I went to Baskin Robbins to get their new 88c soft serve ice cream cone. I was holding Luke in one arm and the cone in the other. The cone was very large and it fell. Sad, I thought. Well, it was 88c.

As I put Luke into the car, a man came out of the shop and asked if he could please buy me a new ice cream cone. I declined, and then said yes when he persisted. He came back out with the bright, shiny new cone and said happy Mother's day.

That was unexpected and sweet. It reminded me how far 88c and a few kind words can go.

3 comments:

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

That really was sweet.

I am reminded of the time when Gabe and I were walking back to our car from the airport, juggling two small children and suitcases and carseats. An older man came up to us, handed us a $50 bill, smiled and said he remembered having small ones and would we please use the money for diapers or whatever we needed. It was one of the nicest things someone had ever done, not because we needed the money (although it certainly helped) but because it was so unexpectedly generous and kind and understanding.

Obviously different from an 88c ice cream cone, but it feels similar. :)

Anonymous said...

I love it! and I love it that you blessed that man by letting him bless you:) That makes me want to pray for sensitivity that I will not miss my chances to bless others-especially young moms with little ones. mm

Hope said...

Aww, that is really sweet. God bless that man!