Wednesday, October 29, 2008

At the Pumpkin Patch




Today we visited the Pumpkin Patch at Tanaka Farms in Irvine with the playgroup. There was a petting zoo, wagon ride, corn maze, and pumpkin patch. The farm also grows strawberries, watermelons and other fun fruits and vegetables. We went on the wagon ride, but no petting zoo yet for him. Luke mostly hung out in the little carrier that I brought along.

Here are some pictures of us and of the farm's fall harvest. I love fall foods and especially fall produce. Lately I have been baking cranberry bread and lots of sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are now one of my favorite foods. I just bake them in the toaster oven and add a little butter and salt. I used to put a little brown sugar on them, but then decided that the natural carmel flavor is sweet enough and so enjoyable that I didn't want the sugar.

No comments: