Friday, October 24, 2008

2 Months Old! and Snippets

So much has been happening this past week that I am overwhelmed with how to put it all in a blog entry. Here are some snippets:

1. Luke is now 2 months old. He is such a fun age- cuddly in the morning, sleeping better, talking more and more, able to go out and enjoy being out (though the car seat still presents a challenge). He is now about 24 inches long and 13lbs. 10 ounces. I think he is slowing his weight gain largely due to the amount of time he spends watching his mobile. He loves it! He kicks and smiles and flails his arms nearly the whole time. :)

2. On Wednesday, we went to a mommy's group that our friend Jen invited us to join. Everyone was so wonderful and welcoming. There is a 1,2,3,4, and 5 month old there in addition to several toddlers. I loved seeing the different ages and stages- one almost sitting up, one mostly sleeping (the 1 month old). It was so fun!

3. I am reading the best book right now called Let the Baby Drive. It is a bunch of stories about one mom's experience of motherhood. The great thing about it is how I can relate to so much of what she says and how she is opening my eyes to some important mommy lessons. I plan on posting more on that soon.

No comments: