Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sappy Mommy Moment

I have to say that I still love being pregnant, and I don't think that it is just because I am afraid of labor or what to do with the little guy once he is born.

I love feeling the little feet kick me (still pretty gently), and feeling how the feet are growing. I love the warmth that I feel in my belly. I love the way he make my heart more tender and feminine than it was before. I love putting together little things in his room in preparation for his. I love sitting in his room and absorbing it. I love having to figure out new ways to do things because my belly is now too big to do it the way I did before. I love trying to figure out what he is like from the way he moves around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not sappy! There will be many times you will wish you could put time in a bottle! The first time you hold him, when you see him in his little bed, his first steps, his first day of school, a soccer game, when his friends come over to play and they are having a great time, the first time he gets behind the wheel of your car, his first prom, when he shows you a project he is proud of, the first time he introduces you to his "Katie", the day he is married, the first time you see his first child. These are the treasures of your mind. Enjoy them over and over again. Papa J.

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way before my babies were born. I too loved being pregnant and looking forward to seeing the little face I already loved even though I had never seen it. I loved looking out for the baby and knowing the babe was all warm and safe inside me. I did not like the idea of the baby experiencing cold and hunger and the pain of birth. I wanted to just keep him all safe and warm inside me. I knew that I was an intimate partner with God in growing a new little person and I loved being so very close to a miracle in progress! love,mm