These past few days have been really nice. Here are a few reasons why:
1. Most people at work are on vacation this week since we already get the 4th off. This means that the office is quiet and more lighthearted than most of the year.
2. Traffic has been much less congested due to school being out and vacationing 9-5'ers.
3. Perfect weather for swimming (yay for the weightless feeling :) )
4. Friends from out of town can visit since school is out.- last weekend I saw a dear friend from Quail Lakes Baptist (my home church while growing up in Stockton)
5. The days are long and we can take walks after work.
6. Fun gatherings with friends. For the 4th, we will be barbequeing with friends. So far, I think I am bringing the following: Lemon pudding cake and hot fudge cake. Gooey desserts have sounded good lately, and believe it or not, these recipes are actually lighter versions.
Other good news: We finally signed the lease, put the first month and deposit rent down, and are set to take our new apartment on July 15th. It is so nice to know that we will have a place for baby- especially one just like we were hoping to find. Sorry no pictures yet, but I will get some soon.