Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Slow Growing for our Little Jumping Bean

Yesterday was Luke's 4 month appointment. He weighed in at 17lbs, 25.5inches, with a head circumference of 17.5 inches. So, Luke has only gained half a pound this month. He is now only in the 90% percentile. :) That is usually the way things go for breastfed babies- they plump up early and gradually thin out.

I think that Luke has not gained much this month mainly because of all of his activity. He LOVES the jumperoo. This morning he jumped for 20 minutes. It looked like a workout, and he smiled the whole time. I am away again at the Jones's to help out, but I will try to get Nathan to post his latest jumping video.

I am not sure yet if I am too fond of the jumperoo however. Now when I try to feed Luke he jumps against the chair. When I hold him on my lap he gets fussy until I let him stand up so that he can bounce on my legs. I am getting great arm muscles holding him like this. He just wants to jump all the time. :)

Luke also can sit up now with very little support. He may sit up on his own by the end of the month. So many changes!

1 comment:

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

LOL, you've got it backwards, Katie. You should LOVE the jumperoo, because it gives him a chance to jump without you needing to hold him while he does it. Babies at this stage want to jump no matter what you've introduced them to - it's just part of their growing and learning to use their legs!