So, it has finally happened... I have developed the Mommy Brain condition.
Today I was at work and my manager kept asking me questions about the areas that I was working on. I couldn't answer because I couldn't clear my head enough to think on the spot. Also, when I went to get lunch for the team, I made it all they way out to my car and then realized that I couldn't drive without keys. As I slinked back into the audit room, I could feel the others watching me thinking, "poor girl, where has her head gone?"
Also, in the afternoon, I discovered that I had accidentally gotten red pen ink all over my white shirt. Lately I have been spilling food or brushing up against things and getting my shirts dirty. I guess I still have some getting used to with this new body.
Reflecting more on the Mommy Brain phenomenon has led me to believe the following: Mommy Brain does not mean that the Mommy can no longer think straight, it is just a condition where she has to think about many more things than she is used to thinking about at one time. For example, today, in addition to working I was thinking about:
1. How much calcium was in my breakfast?
2. Oh wow, that was a big movement.
3. Did I just feel an elbow?
4. I just had a snack, I had better go brush my teeth when I finish this workpaper.
5. 6 more weeks until maternity leave.
6. Ooh a little bit of heartburn.
7. Bathroom... again?
8. I wonder what he is going to look like- hope he has a cute round head like Clara. Actually that is pretty possible since Nathan is Bethany's twin.
9. Lord, please don't let him come too early.
10. I need to call Kathy later about the baby shower..I have a couple of ideas.
No wonder I can't think straight, there are so many things now going on in my head that were not there before. :)