Thursday, March 27, 2008

A little scare and why I love my Midwife

Yesterday I was feeling crummy and very weak, almost faint. So, I decided to stay home from work. It was my first sick day of the whole pregnancy and I even worked from home a little. I was kind of nervous about how I was feeling since everything feels a bit new right now. It was something like having really low blood sugar, but I had been eating just fine, so that didn't seem right.

I called my midwife's office at 9:10am, and they were ready to see me at 10am. Very quick. Since they handle so few patients at a time, I was able to be seen right away. She checked me out in all sorts of ways, for anemia, low blood pressure, adn a couple of other things that I can't remember. She talked with me for about 20 minutes at least (nice to have someone actually take the time). In the end it was determined that I just had a blood pressure that was a bit low (98/60). I am usually on the low side to begin with, so she wasn't too worried. She said to call if the symptons persisted.

I was just so pleased with the service. They do not pack people in like at some doctor's offices and I see one of the two midwives each time. How can we get this kind of health care for other areas? They don't even charge as much as regular doctors/hospitals.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that it was nothing serious, Katie. Clara and I pray for you and the baby every morning, so it's good to hear how you're doing.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better. I can see you are changing- and that baby is growing. I am thankful that you have your midwife to call and that they are so available for you. We too are praying for you and the little one-God has you both in His Hands.
love,mm

Katie Jones said...

Yep, everything is better now. I feel good and I have been feeling the baby a bit, which is comforting.