Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Delightfully tagged

1) One book that changed your life. Well, it is a book of poetry, but I think that it should still count: George Herbert's Complete English Poems. Herbert's poems open up so much beauty in traditional Western Spirituality. His poems are easy to understand and I began writing poems and very moving.

2) One book that you have read more than once. Lewis's Mere Christianity



3) One book you would want on a desert island. St. Ephraim the Syrian's collection of spiritual psalters. These prayers are soul cleansing.



4) Two books that made you laugh. The Harry Potter series. The best light reading in a very long time.

5) One book that made you cry. I don't cry very easily... hmm. Mostly I cry when I listen to Dr. Laura tell a story about some heroic act or a happy marriage. (I know I cheated.. its not a book.)

6) One book you wish you'd written. A Jane Austen novel. I wish that I had her insight into human affairs and acute observation skills.

7) One book you wish had never been written. Most books by Virginia Woolf. Very depressing and has kind of a fondness for suicide that is dangerous.



8) Two books you are currently reading. The Mill and the Floss by George Eliot, and St. Ephraim the Syrian's collection of spiritual psalters.



9) One book you've been meaning to read. Any of Bethany's recommendations.

I can't do the Meme as I am at work. If I wrote down anyhting from our reports, I could get fired. :)



Now: Tag five people. Tagged: Bethany Jean

Everyone else that I know has already been tagged.

No comments: