Friday, December 31, 2010

That Which Was Lost is Found!

Celebrate the finding of our gold coin, er, luggage with Katie's laptop. We were sweating it for the last couple of days because they told us they don't cover lost electronics (yikes!), but it turns out it didn't even leave San Diego. We already got a $50 voucher and Katie's dad will pick it up and get another for him--win win!

It sounds strange, but I'm more comforted by the fact that someone in TSA or part of Southwest's staff didn't steal it. Losing a laptop is better than losing faith in others that are screening our Christmas luggage...

By the way, while I'm thinking about it, some people complain about TSA. I'll admit I'm leery about the "nudie scanners", but I've only had good experiences with the TSA personnel. Especially when traveling with children, they've always been understanding and helpful--helping unload and clear empty scanner bins, passing along a kind word, etc. I've been through a number of airports and they've all been the same.

Anyhow, happy New Year, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that it was indeed most disturbing to think that we cannot trust people who-well we have to trust-- at some level!! I am so glad it all is working out ok. Thank God for the TSA!! mm