Thursday, January 21, 2010

Smoothies


Luke's favorite treat is a good fruit smoothie. I like them too and usually I just put a bunch of fruit, yogurt, honey, etc... in the blender and let it whirl. Sometimes though, it is too sweet, sometimes not sweet enough, sometime its too thick, to thin, etc...

Here is the recipe that we like best:

In a blender add:

one banana
1 1/2 c. frozen strawberries
3/4 c. milk
2T frozen orange concentrate
2T agave nectar (or honey)

Blend until smooth.


Notes: I used the frozen orange concentrate since I buy it anyways for economical orange juice. Agave nectar is the best sweetener I have found and I use it because it doesn't raise my blood sugar as much as other sweeteners. (I can't have Jamba Juice anymore because the overload of sugar gives me a headache). I use milk instead of plain yogurt because it seems to be less sour.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yum! thanks for the recipe!! I just love to check and find a picture of Luke---- thanks for posting for us Luke fans!