This is very delicious. I was excited about the simplicity of the recipe too, and how wonderful it made my house smell!
I adapted a recipe that I found to fit my own taste. I am amazed at how MUCH sugar people put into their recipes. Seriously!
1. Set oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
3. In a bowl mix the flour, sugar, milk, vanilla or almond extract, baking powder, pinch of salt and egg until just combined, careful not to over-mix.
4. Pour into prepared baking pan.
5. Generously spread brown sugar and cinnamon on top.
6. If desired, sprinkle chopped walnuts or pecans over top.
7. Drizzle melted butter over top.
8. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until cooked through.