Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Prayer Request

Well, as I am sure that many of you know, I have had some serious teeth problems over the past year and a half, and a lot of work done. Unfortunately, this has transferred to gum problems with the pregnancy. This is not uncommon. The dentists have named it "pregnancy gingivitis," and it stems from the changes in hormones and increased blod flow that occurs during pregnancy. My gums are sore pretty much all the time. I have been doing a lot to keep them healthy, extra brushings, flossings, salt water rinses, etc..., but I seem to be losing the battle.

At the moment, I am pretty depressed about it and worried. I don't want it to hurt the baby, or to do permanent damage to my mouth. Most of all though, I don't want to get so worried about it that I cause extra stress to the baby. This seems to be my Achilles heel when it comes to worrying. I can handle a lot of things, but I fall hard when it comes to this.

Please keep me and baby in your prayers.

2 comments:

Ma Torg said...

If it is of any comfort, I got pregnancy gingivitus with Mary. It ended up in lots of dental work when the pregnancy was over. The good news is that all those good habits cleaned the whole problem up post pregnancy and I haven't had a problem since. Yes, it is not fun, though.

I would go see a homeopath. Homeopathy is safe in pregnancy and there might be something that might help neutralize the effect that pregnancy has on the teeth.

Anonymous said...

I spent the day yesterday with Kathy and she told me about your dental problems. I also remember worrying about so many things when pregnant with Tim!! I'll pray that God gives you that peace that "passes understanding" and that you can rest and enjoy this part of being pregnant. It's so special! I'll pray for your teeth too!
And I'm so excited about baby boy! Boys are great! You'll be the QUEEN of the Jones house! I should know!
much love to you and Nathan,
Aunt S