Thursday, August 26, 2010
Two, and confirmation that we are are growing a St. Bernard
Two... Luke is definitely a two-year-old. So far, I definitely have a love/hate relationship with the twos.
I'll list what I appreciate about the twos first:
-At church on Sunday, we were singing, "Let us now lay aside all earthly cares." Luke, who likes to sing for most of the liturgy (and at the top of his lungs, bless his little heart :) ) sang "...now applesauce.." I never realized how much "lay aside" and "applesauce" sounded that much alike before.
-Today, when I told Luke that we were going to visit the Doctor, he replied' "Dr. Seuss?" Oh yes, I wish that we WERE visiting Dr. Seuss. This visit was for a check up and shots instead.
- Luke says "I lub you" and gives snuggles at bed time.
- Luke sings spontaneously and often- usually it's "Twinkle, twinkle," or a Wiggles Song.
- Luke can pretend things and plays on his own sometimes
Now, my not so favorite things:
-tantrums. period. Today there were tooooooo many!
- Luke says, "I don't want it" to many things that he may not want, but needs. He also tells us, "That's enough" when he doesn't want us to sing or talk or do anything he doesn't want us to do.
- Luke pushes other kids- a lot. I've tried many things to dissuade this behavior, but nothing seems to stick. I just want to stay home some days.
The twos are terrible and wonderful at the same time- it seems that I can't have one with out the other.
Oh, and at the Dr. appt. today, We found out that Luke is 36" tall and 34lbs. That put him in the 95-100% for both categories.....
I love you Luke! Happy two!