Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's Like Kix

You know, "kid-tested, Mother-approved!"

This is another in my series of great recipes for toddlers. In this piece of banana bread, they will get carrots, apples, bananas, and a whole grain!

Banana-Oatmeal Bread

Mix together in a large bowl:
Then, mix these in another bowl:
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger
  • 1/8 teaspoon allspice

  • Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until combined. Bake in a large loaf pan (greased) for 50-60min at 350 degrees. We all loved this- Luke said, "More, more!"

    2 comments:

    Elisa said...

    Hooray. I am saving these into a file! I like recipes, because I like to cook, because I like to eat :).

    You've mentioned muffin recipes you use for Luke over the phone.

    I recently acqired a muffin pan. We didn't get one when first married because Yianni didn't really appreciate the muffins I made for him when we were engaged. BUT...though they might now be a Greek thing, mommy misses them, so Athanasios will grow up with them as well :).

    Yes, even something like muffins gets to become debated when you marry cross-culturally. Its a good thing I like debates :).

    Warmly, Beth

    Nathan Jones said...

    This is one for toddlers *and* husbands...