This is another in my series of great recipes for toddlers. In this piece of banana bread, they will get carrots, apples, bananas, and a whole grain!
Mix together in a large bowl:
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 very ripe large bananas, mashed
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2T oil
- 1 cup oatmeal (Scottish is good)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until combined. Bake in a large loaf pan (greased) for 50-60min at 350 degrees. We all loved this- Luke said, "More, more!"