Friday, April 29, 2011

New Room

On Monday, I had a baby shower for our new little one (thanks Bethany and Kathy!). It was a lot of fun and I was excited to receive some things for the nursery. So... Luke and I have been working on turning his little jungle room into a cowboy/cowgirl themed room.

The idea for the room began forming in my mind when I came across two cool old cowboy pictures that I picked up at a yard sale a few months ago. I love them, Luke loves them, and they were only a $1 for the pair.


Part of putting together the nursery included moving Luke to a true big boy twin sized bed (so I could have the crib mattress again. Nathan has the wood for the bed frame, but for now, Luke is learning to sleep on his new mattress alone. It is much softer than his crib mattress and he loves it.
We also repainted and repositioned Luke's name:
Here is the crib transformed by pink. I haven't painted letters for our little girl yet because we are still wavering about a name. I am now pretty sure that I have settled on what I would like it to be, but Nathan is not sure. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how it all is coming together-what a fun theme for both of them! You are true Texans:) even a Texas star up there.
mm