Monday, November 9, 2009

Catching Up

I know it has been a while since I posted, so here are a few snippets from our past week:


-Luke loves the book "Doggies" by Sandra Boynton. In fact, he loves pretty much anything by Sandra Boynton, but "Doggies" is his favorite. He loves it so because of the great noises that I make when I read it to him. I bark, yelp, whimper, and howl- yep, all the things doggies do. Spontaneously, while playing around the house, he will begin to howl, "Aaahh-ooooooh." It is very cute.

-I have been telling Luke things without showing him what I am talking about for the past week, and he amazes me with what he understands. For example, I say, "Luke, go get your shoes." He then goes into the box of shoes in the foyer and brings me his favorite little white shoes. He also understands when I tell him that we are going outside, going to eat, and going to see Clara.

-New words for Luke this week are cheese and juice. They actually sound very similar.

- We are in another screaming phase and I am going nuts. I think I am trying to hard to make him stop. When he screams, I pick him up and set him in another room and tell him "No screaming, that is not ok." Sometimes it helps, sometimes not.

-Luke has slept through the night 4 nights in a row. I almost am worried to write this in case I jinx myself for tonight (if it is even possible to do such a thing).

-I am so excited about going home for Christmas that I just want to keep doing things to get ready- present making, plan making, etc.... I love this time of year!


That is all for now. I hope to have more pictures or video up soon. We had a really great one that would not load. There are benefits to having a powerful camera, but it does make videos very large and hard to post.

3 comments:

Emily (Laundry and Lullabies) said...

Yay for sleeping through the night! Go Luke!

Screaming is hard, but it sounds like you're handling it pretty well. We've done similar things when the kids throw fits, generally just deposit them in their room and inform them that they can join us when they're done. :)

Unknown said...

Katie, well the same thing is happening on this end of the country regarding Christmas. I keep thinking of what I can make and what I need to do and what I need to buy... and on and on. (only thing is that I can do so little of these things with a bum knee:) soon to change tho-- Can hardly wait to see you all
mm

Unknown said...

Katie, I was thinking of you a few days ago when I looked at your favs on the side bar there and I was smiling to myself. I saw your beautiful heart there, Katie!! I saw your heart for others. I saw your heart for saving and pinching pennies. I saw your heart for God. And I thought, I see Katie's beautiful heart in her loves.