- 1 1/2 cups dried lentils
- 5 cups water
- 2 vegetable bullion cubes
- 1 1/4 lbs butternut squash, peeled, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 8 ounces green beans, ends trimmed and beans cut in half (canned beans are fine)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large white potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- grated parmesan cheese, to serve
Mix lentils and 5 cups water in a 3-quart or larger (slow-cooker) crock pot.
In a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients EXCEPT olive oil; Place mixed ingredients on top of lentils in crock pot.
Cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours until vegetables and lentils are tender; Stir in olive oil, Serve in soup plates or bowls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese