Sunday, December 9, 2007

More Christmas Thoughts

Shopping: This should be done on the internet.
1. Stores are very crowded
2. Malls are full of many other temptations (Mrs. Fields, Cinnabon) which may smell yummy, but are bad for you
3. Parking?
4. Amazon has free shipping and an outlet to get bargains. Also, it is much easier to find what you are looking for- just type it in.

I have been busy with Christmas preparations this week. A little bit of shopping (see reflections above after being at the mall twice) We now have a sweet little ceramic tree up and a bunch of presents wrapped. The tree is actually from my great-grandparents. I used to put it together with my Nana when I was a little kid. It is white and has a light bulb inside. There are little holes to put colored lights in which glow when you turn it on. I will try to get a picture of it soon.

Also, Nathan and I are both preparing for our Christmas Eve service where we will sing selections from the Nine Lessons and Carols service, and a latin piece called O Magnum Mysterium. The Carols service will be new for us this year and it should be quite beautiful.

No comments: