Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Encouragement from a Hymn


" When through fiery trials thy pathways shall lie,

My grace all sufficient, shall be thy supply;

The flame shall not hurt thee; I only design

Thy dross to consume, and thy gold to refine."


We sang this hymn on Sunday at church. It brought a bit of peace to my soul. As I wrote earlier, this past week has been hard, and it looks like I am going to pretty much be working A LOT until Christmas. Sometimes my vision is very short and I only think of how tired I am and how difficult things seem. This reminded me that God uses the trials of working at KPMG, to refine me. If I think of my job like that, no time is wasted. I also really like how this hymn shows the love that God has for me in that he tirelessly works to help purify me.


Also, a cute thing that Nathan says when I have a tough day at work "Well, if you are looking to quit, I know someone who is hiring. Me! I have a position available for a good cook and home maker. The pay isn't great, but you will always have what you need."


Tempting..... :)

No comments: